Glendale Community College District 5430
Standards for Off-Campus Vendors/Solicitors
1. Vendors/solicitors must be sponsored by a college department or an officially recognized campus organization.
2. The approval and scheduling of vendors/solicitors shall be coordinated by the Office of Student Affairs.
3. Vendors/solicitors shall complete and submit an off-campus vendor/solicitor application and agreement to the Office of Student Affairs at least one week prior to the date of the proposed activity.
4. The Office of Student Affairs and the ASGCC Legislature may reject any vendor/solicitor application or deny their access to campus when their conduct or products are inconsistent with GCC board policies, administrative regulations, or the educational mission of the college. Vendors/Solicitors may appeal these decisions in writing to the Campus Executive Committee.
5. Commercial vendors/solicitors shall pay a daily, flat-rate fee to the sponsoring campus organization for fund raising purposes. The fee shall be established annually by the ASGCC Legislature and approved by the Office of Student Affairs. Commercial vendors/solicitors must pay all fees in advance of any sales activities.
6. Commercial vendors/solicitors will be charged a $5.00 per day fee for parking services.
7. Vendors/solicitors may conduct business on campus Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Exceptions must be approved by the Office of Student Affairs.
8. Vendors/solicitors must restrict their activities to assigned spaces in the Plaza Vaquero area and are prohibited from entering or conducting business in classrooms, offices, or other campus buildings.Exceptions must be approved by the Office of Student Affairs.
9. Vendors/solicitors must comply with all applicable college health and safety regulations.
10. Vendors/solicitors must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Board Policy 5410 - Campus Speakers and Distribution of Printed Materials.