pdficon.gif (153 bytes) View/Print Document: AR 4131.1

Glendale Community College District†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††    †† 4131.1

Administrative Regulation


Teacher Exchange Leave


The Superintendent/President, or designate, is authorized to give administrative approval to a regular or contract faculty member applying for a faculty exchange leave.The following kinds of leave may be considered for approval.


Leave with salary:In exchange for a faculty member whose salary is paid by the reciprocating school authority.


Leave without salary:When accepting a United States government grant to teach in a national school abroad.The District will compensate the exchange faculty member according to the personís placement on the District salary schedule.


Leave without salary:Accepting a United States government grant to teach in a national school, an American-sponsored school, to study, or conduct research abroad.


If the Superintendent/President, or designate, does not recommend approval for a faculty member who has made application for a faculty exchange, the manager involved shall give to that faculty member a written statement stating the reasons for the denial.


Adopted:††††††† 3/31/83